Branding with Still & Motion Graphics
I had the privilege to design The Buss Co.’s new brand identity and to create the motion graphics for the animated TV end card. The Buss Co. was founded by Jonathan Buss, an award-winning producer, writer, and director of various film and television productions, including documentaries, television specials, and scripted comedy series. The brand mark design and animated TV end card were created in time to be used for the 2015 release of HBO’s hit comedy, “7 Days in Hell.” Aiming for a strong and simple mark, several options were designed all within a vintage and retro style, with the winner becoming what you see today. With such a great opportunity for a play on Buss’s last name, the bus illustration became a natural best fit for the brand mark. Bringing the bus to life in the motion graphic TV end card became the icing on the cake for this project.
This 0:03 second motion graphic video was created for The Buss Co. and used as a motion TV end card.
Full view of brand mark options designed for The Buss Co.
- 2016 Communicator Award, Award of Distinction, Video (TV End Card)
- 2015 Videographer Award, Award of Distinction, Other (Motion Graphics, TV End Card)
- 2015 MarCom Award, Gold, Other (TV End Card)
- 2015 MarCom Award, Honorable Mention, Logo
- The Buss Co., Advertiser & Client
- Work By Kevin LLC, Design Studio
- Jonathan Buss of The Buss Co., Project Manager
- Kevin Brindley of Work By Kevin LLC, Creative Director, Designer, Animator & Producer
All work samples displayed in this online portfolio reflect work that Kevin Brindley